Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image fitting to "exact" screen size

Hi, This is my first post.

I need help figuring out why my images won't fit the screen to exact size? There is extra "white" space to the right of my screen after I try either resizing or copying image and making a new file. I looked previous posts and the best example I can give is from this link-
    http://www.cam-web.co.uk/irfanview_t...ng_images.html . The final cropped image has extra "space" to the right or black space. I would like my images to fit exactly to size.

I believe I have the most current version of Infranview downloaded.

P.S I messed around with my settings that I think I messed up the basic settings. Is there a link etc. that might tell me what the basic settings should be?
    -----------------
    Thanks in advance! Marian

Hi Marian,

Originally posted by momto4 View Post
    I need help figuring out why my images won't fit the screen to exact size? There is extra "white" space to the right of my screen after I try either resizing or copying image and making a new file.
    The display area on screen when IrfanView is maximized has about a 4/3 format and pictures from a camera have a 3/2 format. To fit the display the image would be distorted (a circle becoming an oval).

I would like my images to fit exactly to size.
    You can resize your images, choosing to preserve or to discard the width/height ratio. You also can crop them.

Is there a link etc. that might tell me what the basic settings should be?
    Just close IrfanView and delete the file i_view32.ini in the directory where IrfanView is installed.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Editing Images

Thanks Lauren...I tired suggestions and still not working. I had an older version of infranview and never had the issue of have "blank" space either to the right etc. of image. I played around with the setting and now I have "white" space on both sides of image with it being in the middle. Also, my left mouse won't let me create an edit box around image to cut it out. Would you or someone else be able to tell if there's a setting I need to select for this to work?

P.S. Not sure what the older version of infranview was that I had, but is it possible to remove this 4.1 and install an older version?

Thanks in-advance!

Comment

Look at your fullscreen options. Maybe you had the "Stretch all images" option checked before? "Fit only large images" is the default, it would leave a space if your images don't have the same proportions as your screen. Stretching distorts the image, though it is not very noticeable if the difference is small - less noticeable than the gap if the image is not stretched.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

RE: Image fitting to "exact" screen size

I have also noticed an issue that seems to be a variant of this problem. Normally, when you choose to resize an image, once you make your selection in the resize dialog box a new window will pop up that is that is sized to contain the new image. But now, once I resize an image it is displayed in a full screen window in its normal aspect ratio with the remainder of the screen forming a white border around the image. In other words, instead of the newly resized image apearing in a new window that mimics the image size, the image simply "floats" in a full size window with a large border that extends out to the edges of the window (like sticking a postage stamp in the center of a white 3X5 card). Does this make sense? And is there a way to avoid this behavior?

Mark...

Comment

You can have the main window maximized or not, in the View>Display options dialog you have 8 different ways of fitting one thing to another and at the bottom you can set centred or not. They all appear slightly different. Experiment and you will probably find something that you like.

Comment

Working...
            X