Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Rotation not work when user is a restricted user

Hi,

If you run IrfanView when logged on to windows XP as a restricted user (member of the user group) then the custom rotate does not work. Although the dialogue accepts your requested amount of rotation and the preview display shows this when you click the OK button, IrfanView rotates the image by the last amount it had rotated an image. If this is the first time, then it is +45 degrees.

However, when IrfanView is run when logged on to windows XP as an administrator user (member of the administrator group) then the custom rotate does work.

Further, when logged on to windows XP as a restricted user (member of the user group) and you use the "Run As..." context menu item to run IrfanView as an administrator user, then again rotation works ok.

IrfanView 4.10, plus plug-in pack V4.10 and Jpg_Transform V4.1.1 installed.
    Windows XP, SP 2.

1) Logon to machine as a user with restricted rights
    2) Run IrfanView 4.10
    3) IrfanView is started
    4) In my case View-Display Options is set to 'Fit window to image'.
    5) Drag a JPEG image to IrfanView
    6) The JPEG is loaded.
    7) Select Image->Custom/Fine rotation...
    8) Rotate by angle dialogue box opens with the last rotation setting (first time this is 45 degrees). Original and preview images shown, with the preview rotated by the value in the 'Angle:' field.
    9) Enter a number to rotate the image by, e.g. -10, preview shows the affect of the rotation.
    10) Click the 'OK' button.
    11) Image is rotated by +45 degrees.
    12) Logon to machine as a user with administrator rights
    13) Repeat steps (2) to (10) above.
    14) Image is rotated by -10 degrees
    15) Logon to machine as a user with restricted rights
    16) Locate IrfanView 4.10 in the Start->All Programs->IrfanView menu
    17) Right Click and select 'Run Ass...' from the context menu
    18) Select the radio option 'The following user:'
    19) Select a user with administrator (note in my case this is not the 'Administrator'), enter the relevant password
    20) Repeat steps (3) to (10) above.
    21) Image is rotated by -10 degrees.

I haven't bother testing with a user with power rights.

Further do not know what other features are not functional when run as a restricted user, as this is the first time I've tried IrfanView.

-WF
Working...
X