Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested hungarian letters

Hello, gentlemen
    I'm a newbie, and I have a problem, and didn't find a solution: I have hundreds of pix files with hungarian titles. We have more letters in our alphabet, and IV doesn't seem to recognise the following ones: "Ő,ő" (long version of "Ö,ö") and
    "Ű,ű (long version of "Ü,ü"), so files which have this letters in their title won't open by IV.(I use the english version, there is no hungarian yet, but even so
    "Ö and Ü- the short version (which are used in the germen alphabet as well)
    are recognised. Perhaps in the future this matter could be corrected. Or is there
    already a solution, which I didn't find out, in this case I should be corrected!
    yours
    Vic

It is a common request/bug report. Irfan View does not yet support Unicode filenames or paths. It is not a trivial bug to fix or that would have been done before now.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If this is such a common request, why not at least have it listed under the project section as "version 6.00" or on-hold. I have been using IrfanView for over 8 years now and the lack of Unicode support has been my only issue. (yes I get it is not easy)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X