non-admin batch mode conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested non-admin batch mode conversion

I love the batch mode converter but it does not run unless I am part of the "administrators" group on windows XP.

I normally run as a User and not as an "administrator" or even a "Power User".

It would be a wonderful feature to make the batch mode conversion run as non-admin.

It should - do you have write permission to the folder you save in? I don't do much as admin (and never on line), though I admit to allowing myself to be a Power User. When I am Admin, I make sure that my lesser self can do what must be done. Did you install for all users?
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

same problem

I've got batch conversion problems too, logged as a limited user. Everything works fine when logged as an administrator.

As a limited user, everything works fine if I use the same settings (output dir, jpeg qual, resize settings etc.) as used when I was using admin rights. The problem is that Irfanview ignores any changes I make (like the output directory). There are no errors reported.

EDIT: Irfanview (v4.0) is installed for all users using admin rights.

Please fix this issue and make this amazing program even better.
      Last edited by kockish; 16.06.2007, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Because batch conversion has to do with files of different formats, and different formats can have different rights,
        maybe enabling the checkbox at Properties / Extensions "For all users" could help.
        I have no idea if it works, because I'm happily stuck with W2K..
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

kockish - Do other changes made as limited user take effect?

I have XP because it just sort of happened to me, same way I get all my computers - lol. But I have IV installed in a different drive partitiion that is formatted FAT32. I use some FAT32 partitions mainly for better access from Linux, so I can save or edit files in them. That could make a difference in some details for me.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
          X