Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Thumbnail drag abd drop behavior

Hi,

I'd like to request that if a folder is dragged onto the Irfanview Thumbnail icon that it then open that folder and show thumbnails for it. The current behavior is to open the root directory.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I got precisely what you want when I dragged a folder on IrfanView's icon in the status bar.
    Do you get it?
    IrfanView 4.00

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to be so slow to reply. Thanks. I see that you can indeed drag a folder onto Irfanview. The program then opens the first file in that folder. Then you can switch to thumbnail mode to see the thumbnails for the folder. You can't do that with a shortcut to the folder (a bug in my opinion), nor can you drag a folder onto Irfanview's thumbnail icon to get thumbnails for the folder. So I think that Irfanview's handling of drag and drop with folders and shortcuts needs some work.

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
      Hi Jon,

I got precisely what you want when I dragged a folder on IrfanView's icon in the status bar.
      Do you get it?
      IrfanView 4.00

Laurent

Comment

Hi hiker_jon,

You can't do that with a shortcut to the folder (a bug in my opinion),
        You are right, it doesn't work with a shortcut. But IMHO there is no reason to claim it's a bug because it's not something that is implemented in IV and working badly, it's just a feature not available in IV.

nor can you drag a folder onto Irfanview's thumbnail icon to get thumbnails for the folder
        You're right here too, but I don't consider it is a problem since you can drop the folder onto IrfanView's main window itself.

It seems you are accustomized to work with shortcuts and/or Windows Explorer. In that case, I encourage you to exercise a litlle with Thumbnails Viewer. It is worth giving a try and looking at its options. I hope you will discover features suitable for your needs. Maybe eventually you will find it very convenient as I do. And did you notice it's address bar contains the list of the last (up to 100! see the options) opened directories?

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

When you drag 'n drop a folder to a shortcut on, let's say the desktop, the first file in the folder will be shown. The only thing you need to do is to hit the T on your keyboard. One of your properties must be 'Last used folder' in Misc. 2.
          Last edited by Sjef; 02.08.2007, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X