.CDR support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested .CDR support?

I did use the search and found one thread, but it too general to make the point across

i have one folder that have all the cbr file in it. I am using CDisplay to view the files but it didnt really meet my expectation because the issue is i dont like the way it works and i have to click each CBR file to see each book. So i thought since IrfanView is the most popular program out there and thought it have a support for .CBR and found out it didnt, it really bum me out big time, because i like to use IrfanView slideshow and put a mutli-CBR file in the list and ready to use.

I know .cbr is not very popular but there is a few people that use cdr and im sure they really would like to have their favorite app as IrfanView to have a support for CbR. can make a plugin for it

(i made a mistake on the topic, i mean CBR, not CDR)
    Last edited by DenKonge; 11.11.2007, 03:35 AM.

Corel does not provide any information about their file formats like .cdr or .cpt. So this is not an easy task. Because .cdr is RIFF based you should be able to see the preview image. But that's it. Also .cdr is not a bitmap file format (like .cpt) which makes things much more complex. Even to decode .cpt is not so easy because Corel uses a proprietary RLE encoder. I don't know any program which is able to decode CPT7FILE or CPT9FILE files. There is a phyton hack on SourceForge to decode CDRs. This one maybe part of sK1 in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by DenKonge View Post
      I have to click each CDR file to see each book
      I guess that you meand CBR files, Comic Book Reader files not Corel Draw files.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        I guess that you meand CBR files not Corel Draw files.
        I'm sure you are right ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          I guess that you meand CBR files, Comic Book Reader files not Corel Draw files.
          Whooops! i mean CBR, i dont know why i got confused with cdr. sorry folks

Comment

This would be equivalent to browsing rar or zip files - you might want to post here:

Comment

There is an open source solution called "CDisplayEx" available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=172158
              But I would prefer to have such a feature integrated in IrfanView - THE pictureviewer.

Comment

Hi !

Isn't that technical infos about cpt format (corel photopaint) good to make a viewer for ?

>> http://cptinfo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/cpt.h

and the pdf file >> http://cptinfo.googlecode.com/files/...ation-0.01.pdf

I cant believe i can't even see a photo I made under corel photo paint 7 under corel photo 12 !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by divinechild View Post
                  Hi !

Isn't that technical infos about cpt format (corel photopaint) good to make a viewer for ?
                  No it's not. As long as there is no description of a decoder you are not able to decode the image data.

Comment

Working...
                  X