Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrange Order of Images (for batch rename & slide show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Arrange Order of Images (for batch rename & slide show)

It would be great if there was an easy way from within the Thumbnails interface (and/or batch & slideshow windows) to arrange the order of images by dragging and dropping the image thumbnails (like in the thumbnail view of windows explorer). Right now, it is too cumbersome and disconnected to "move up/down" the filenames of images in the lower window.

This is a common task for many people who 1) first import their photos/images into a directory, 2) rearrange the order of them, 3) batch rename them with the sequence number reflecting this new order, and then 4) view them in a slide show (in order).

Even after I managed to get the filenames in the correct order (using move up/down), the current batch rename feature still does not get the sequence number renamed correctly.

It is easy to do this in windows explorer and vista (except the rename does not add any leading zeros to the sequence numbers which unfortunately incorrectly affects the sort order of the files) - Why not make this easy to do in IrfanView?

Hope this helps! -JT

Originally posted by jtbrown3 View Post
    1) first import their photos/images into a directory, 2) rearrange the order of them, 3) batch rename them with the sequence number reflecting this new order
    For as long as I have been using computers I have searched for an thumbnail application that would allow me to do exactly this. If would be fantastic if it could happen in Irfanview.

Comment

Arrange Order of Images for Slide Show

I use IrfanView for multimedia presentations since it can handle images, videos and audio files without leaving IrfanView. However, it's very manual in arranging the files in the order you want for presentation. I have to give each file name a leading number in the order I want to present. This is very time consuming.

Desired capability: A display of thumbnails for the folder where the presentation images, videos and audio files are stored and the ability to move the files with the mouse into the correct order.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

I'm not sure if it's the task of IrfanView to perform all finesses of file-ordering.
        That's what a File Manager is for.
        If you want correct leading zeros, skip Exploder and use the Multi-Rename tool of Total Commander.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I too would like a "light box" to arrange slides with. I am grateful for two tools Irfan View does give us: slide preview and group move-up/move-down. This is a great program. Thanks to all who have developed it, maintain it and keep improving it. May you sleep well, enjoy delicious fruit and laugh heartily.
          Geoffrey in Thailand

Comment

Working...
          X