IrfanView Setup - Can't Install All Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView Setup - Can't Install All Files

I was attempting to upgrade from 4.37 to 4.42. IrfanView Setup did not seem to start. I tried again. It still did not seem to start. Then I discovered, from Windows (10) Task Manager, that task "IrfanView 32-bit Installer (32 bit)" was running twice. I used Task Manager to end both tasks and then tried again. Somewhere in the midst of all this floundering, I rebooted Win 10 several times without a proper shutdown. Now other things in my computer seem fine, but I get the following error when trying to install IrfanView 4.42:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 08-25-16 at 11.54 AM.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	84821

The error is in a dialog box and says:
    IrfanView Setup
    Can't Install All Files
    Please close all IrfanView instances and check your destination directory for free space or write protection!

IrfanView is NOT running in another instance. There is no shortage of disk space and I don't believe anything is write protected. IrfanView does not show up in my list of installed programs so I can't uninstall it. Apparently, one of the install tasks already uninstalled it. I suspect there is a problem with some stuff being left behind in the registry.

Any suggestions on how I can get past this problem?
Working...
X