Indication for tagged files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Indication for tagged files

Version 4.1 introduced file tagging (X, Shift+X, Shift+Q) which will be very useful for me.

My question, is there a way (in all view modes) to have an indicator of whether the file is tagged or not? I don't think there currently is but I wanted to double check before I created a feature request.

Thanks,

No. There is currently no indication of whether a viewed image is tagged or not, so I have moved this to the Feature Requests forum.

A quick look at this "feature" makes me think that it was not well thought out. For example, I can tag images in Fullscreen mode, but when I press Shift Q the thumbnail screen is opened, and immediately disappears again.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I agree with the OP that this is potentially a great feature addition. I also agree with Bhikkhu Pesala that the implementation is still in the rough draft stage. An indication in fullscreen and window mode that a file has been tagged/untagged is a must enhancement.

Also, if I tag some files and 'Shift Q' to get the thumbnail screen, if I then close the thumbnail screen, the main IrfanView screen/window has now inherited the tagged list and will only display the tagged files. This should be a user settable action with options to allow or disallow this action. There should also be an option to send the tagged list to a new instance of IrfanView (new window or screen).

All-in-all though, I really like this new functionality and hope it gets fleshed out even further in future versions.

Comment

Working...
      X