A problem in scrolling tif file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A problem in scrolling tif file

When trying to view a tif file (with 4 scanned pages) I am getting the massage:
    Decode Error ! Can't load Ghostscript(APFL version) or Ghostscript error !
    Please help

As far as I know, this error is usually associated with PDF files. Are you sure that you're scrolling to the next page in the multiplage TIF image, or are you scrolling to the next file in the directory, which happens to be a PDF file?

You can stop Irfan View from trying to load PDF files, by loading only associated file types in Properties, Extensions. If PDF files are associated, then you need to fix your Ghostscript plugin. See the other thrreads on that issue.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks Pessala,

I want to scroll the pages of the respect tif file but a window opens and asks whether to move to another (PDF maybe) file to which i respond, No and trying again leads to the error mentioned.
      By the way Where can I find the thread about Ghostscript ,I tried the search before posting the q but with no results
      Thanks again
      Shaul

Comment

There are several threads - here's a link to the longest

It would be nice to scroll - or at any rate move in some way - from one page of a tiff to another without having to click-click-click the mouse. Maybe we should add that to the feature requests.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks Matera
          After reading the threads
          I managed to scroll the tif file.
          Shaul