"Create shortcut..." function like "Copy File..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested "Create shortcut..." function like "Copy File..."

I'm missing a function to create a shortcut (.lnk) similar to the "Copy File... F8" function.

Since I have many image galleries I have folders with the first pictures of all galleries as .lnk in an extra folder. This makes it easy to select a gallery and start a slideshow from there.

Hmmm...sounds like a good idea. Exactly how to do it, would be up to the Mighty Irfan, of course, but I think it would be very helpful for many people to have some kind of "Favorites" feature. I use a special menu app with shortcuts for the thumb browser to my camera download folder, browser cache, and other hot spots.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

The data size of lots of images is larger then i_view32.exe (which is only 450 Kb). Maybe it is usable for you to copy i_view32.exe to your image folders. Start IV from there and a unique ini-file is created, which stores your seek path to this image folder. You could than make a shortcut to this IV-copy. When this IV-copy is started the ‘o’ shortcut is enough to open your image folder. Every folder can have it's own i_view32.ini and Slideshow.lst.

Comment

Working...
      X