Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swf loops

some swf files that used to loop, don't do it any more
    Like those small *funny* flash loops all over the net with music playing in the background.
    music keeps looping but the video stops.

an example (save it and see in irfan view 4.10)
    Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

It doesn't keep going in my web browsers either (IE & K-Meleon). I have a feeling there is some code in the original web page that controls the looping. This is somewhat like the problem with Jing-made Flash files, which don't display correctly in IV. There is a lot of possible variation within Flash.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

A lot of variations indeed. It took me some effort to get the swf file played by IV, because in the Firefox environment the flashplugin forced it to be played realtime, without an option to download the file. I managed to, but it confirmed the behaviour. If 'loop' is disabled, the video stops, but the sound continues.

Several elements can cause unpredictable variations in behaviour.
      A link to a SWF file on a webpage as this one default has a tag-expression like this :
      Code:
      <embed src='http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6982/spinkickrz1.swf' quality='high' 
      pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' 
      width='640' height='480'></embed>
      You can see that with each file, macromedia site is called, so you depend on what they have to offer.

A SWF file has an inside variable to define the number of soundloops, or repeat forever.
      This added to the fact, that the tag for an embedded swf can contain a variable as well, to loop things.

Some variables can be seen in the solution I made to embed SWF files in a HTML page, without calling the
      manufacturer every time, but just download and show the file. Then the tag looks like this :
      Code:
      <EMBED SRC="http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6982/spinkickrz1.swf"
      WIDTH="1024" HEIGHT="768" PLAY="true" LOOP="true" QUALITY="high"> 
      </EMBED>
      The browser will play this as well.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by atari_ View Post
        some swf files that used to loop, don't do it any more...an example (save it and see in irfan view 4.10)
        http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?i...pinkickrz1.swf
        You're right Atari. IrfanView version 4 has no trouble looping this swf file. Version 4.1 doesn't support this video looping on your linked file. I would call this a bug indeed.

Comment

...shuts big mouth and makes a silly grin...
          ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Here the readers can download this ?funny? loop-movie...

Comment

and just to add to my first post, as I said, this is just an example, there are tons of flash animations like that. It could be due to the fact that the creators of those animations, didn't knew how to make an animation loop properly and used some weird trick to achieve the effect instead of doing it like it actually works, but even if that is the case, most browsers and all the older versions of IrfanView have no trouble looping them.

Comment

Hi,

please try that:

right- click on the flashplayer. Then click on "Repeat" ( i don´t know exactly the phrase in the english version) then right click again and choose "Play".

Now the file will be looped ...

steve

Comment

Hah, now it works. The one that I saved first was incomplete. LOL
                  ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Yes, but it's a pity ?loop? isn't the default option, like in earlier versions of IV. When I show these swf files in Total Commander (with IV 4.1 configured as the default viewer) they do repeat automaticly.

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                      Hi,

please try that:

right- click on the flashplayer. Then click on "Repeat" ( i don´t know exactly the phrase in the english version) then right click again and choose "Play".

Now the file will be looped ...

steve
                      hmmhmm ty, it does work like that.. now I'm just curious if there is a way to enable *loop* by default..

Comment

Working...
                      X