Black Border Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Black Border Removal

That would really help with my book scanning.
    Basically, an option to paint a border of x pixels wide with a custom color. Each of the four borders can have its own settings. Also, to incorporate this feature in the batch window.

There is already an option "Canvas Size" that can be used to add a border around the image, but what I mean is to make the border inside the image, retaining its original width and height.

Personally, I would use this feature to paint white the black border that sometimes appear when scanning pages from a book. Right now I am doing it manually, as I couldn't find a free tool to do that.

(Incorporation of this "Canvas" function already is present in the Batch dialog under advanced, so that's not the problem.)

But you make a strong point.
    A thing I wondered too about, during practice:
    Wouldn't it be nice to set the Canvas border 'inside' the image, instead of adding it to the outside?
    Of course, in the present situation, there's a workaround, by first crop a smaller selection of the image,
    and then fill it up with the border to the original size again.
    But this is a clumsy solution, although the combination of settings might work in the Batch department.
    I suggest the allowance of entering negative numbers in the canvas dialog.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

There is a free plugin that works well with Irfanview that may help your situation Mo. It is found at http://www.richardrosenman.com and is called SOLID BORDER. Mentioned by others in the 8bf effect plugins string. May be of interest in the interim.

Comment

Allow negative values for Canvas Size

(I moved a new thread about this by Moe to this one.) He wrote :
        This will create borders inside the image, rather than around it.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

General Border Removal vs Replacement

It seems like the OP wants to replace an existing border, not remove one. I don't like borders, but clearly some users would do. What I'd like instead is an easier way to remove an existing border. Basically creating a remove canvas operation to complement the current add canvas feature.

These two requests could be combined by expanding the current "OK" button on the Add image border dialog to Add, Replace and Remove buttons.

The custom crop selection does what I want except that it is a pain to fill in the values. It would be much easier to say to remove 5 pixels from top bottom, left and right than to enter the correct dimensions into the current custom crop dialog.

Comment

Working...
          X