Ignore files generated by mac photoshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Ignore files generated by mac photoshop

Our designers use photoshop for mac and it spews out hidden files with the pattern "._XYZ.psd". It would be nice if irfanview just ignored these files when browsing back and forth.

I'm not familiar with the psd format, i only know that IV can open it. And i have no converter to test this.
    Is it so in this case that each regular 'psd' file has this XYZ.psd coming with it ?
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

No, it would have "._" then the file name.

For instance, for a file called "Picture 1.png", there would be another file called "._Picture 1.png".

It's extra info that HFS+ supports but that FAT32 and NTFS do not.
      Thus, when a file is transferred from Mac OS X to Windows, that extra file gets created to preserve the info.

The solution to this would be to have a preference to ignore files that start with "._"

Comment

Ah, this clears up the case, and so with any format.
        A rather silly thing by the way to give the info-file the same extension.
        I don't think IV is capable to solve this at the moment. The command-line only has /filepattern="x" which is a preference,
        not an exclusion.

So for the moment it should be done with some kind of pre-action to change the extension of these files into something not
        recognized by IV.
        For example with the commandline (in the proper directory) :
        ren ._*.png ._*.npg
        before running Irfan View. And these 2 actions can of course be merged into a .bat-file.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X