Drag and drop - move not copy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drag and drop - move not copy?

Is there a way to enable the moving of files to different folders in the tree view of Thumbnails, rather than the default copy?
    thx

Sorry, found it - CTRL+SHIFT.

Comment

I would think that most people would be needing to move files the majority of the time, to organize them into different folders, rather than copying. It seems like it would be better for the default drag behavior to be move as it is in most applications.

It's doubly difficult because the ctrl and shift keys are also used to select groups of files so it's easy to have a slip of the fingers and accidentally move more files than you intended to.

Comment

...Just Shift is enough to move a file to another folder in the IV-browser...

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
          ...Just Shift is enough to move a file to another folder in the IV-browser...
          If you're just moving one file or a solid block of files in a row, yes, but if you have several non-contiguous files selected pressing the shift key and dragging will deselect them.

Comment

Quite right Wizard! Ctrl+Shift = moving several images in one session. Sorry about that.
            Originally posted by Wizardkiss View Post
            It seems like it would be better for the default drag behavior to be move as it is in most applications.
            I support this issue. Indeed all comparable applications I know act the way you wrote about.

Comment

Working...
            X