Enhance colors / Save values on exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enhance colors / Save values on exit

When "Save values on exit" is checked, incorrect values are saved. An example:

Open "Enhance colors"
    Check "Save values on exit"
    Make an adjustment (eg. Gamma = 0.75).
    Click "Apply to original"
    Click OK

Open "Enhance colors" again. Now all the values are changed - see attachment.
    Attached Files

Confirmed here, any time "Apply to original" is clicked, it messes up the saved values. Clicking "OK" is OK, the correct values are saved, but "Apply to original" wrecks it every time whether I go back with the same image or another.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

saved options "Enhance colors"

My options saved in "Enhance colors" window
      not reload exactly this parameters, displaying others values.

I set not read-only irfanview folder, but nothing good results.

Any have the solution?
      Thanks in advance

Comment

My (strange) solution:
        I did set Saturation at maximum (255), set Save values on exit and exit IV.
        Then I started IV again.
        I put back all the shuffled options to zero, except Gamma (=1). Ik looked precisely at Saturation. On my system it was 2550. I got rid of the zero, so it was really 255 and quitted IV.
        After a restart everything worked as expected.
        Succes!

Comment

I've read the sticky about save and exit and I feel that I have installed the software correctly on my XP Pro.

I make a change with the Enhanced Color panel and tick the box to Save on Exit.

Sometimes when I move to the next frame and call up Enhanced Color I get the panel with the previous variations.

Sometimes I get an image in the left hand window and a plain white area in the right hand one.

I got the feeling that it was something to do with scrolling through the browser with the Right/Left cursor keys (which work sometimes) and using the arrows in the top menu panel (which don't seem to work). However, I cannot believe it is something as odd as that. I am also getting the same problem on two machines, both XP Pro, so I conclude it is not a machine orignated problem.

I am using Ver 4.10 which I downloaded yesterday.

Any clues, folks?

Tony
          London UK

I found another thread and it leads me to post this from the ini file.

Any help folks?

Tony
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 26.04.2008, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Could a moderator move this to the Bugs section please.

Thirty three members have looked at the problem so far and not one has a suggestion as to how to work around it.

For anyone working in batch mode the inability to copy these settings across the whole batch makes doing anything to the light/dark range of the images impossible.

Am I seriously the only Ifanview user who needs this facility?

Yours, with enthusiasm, but currently disappointment.

Tony

Comment

If you got no reply, maybe no one could understand your problem. If we don't know what the question is, let alone the answer, we don't know if it is a bug or just user error.
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

"If we don't know what the question is"

OK, I am sorry the question was hard to understand. Let me try again.

I set up some entries in Enhance Color.

I press Save on Exit.

The next time I use Enhance Color I get the source image in the left panel and white area in the right panel.

With me so far?

I can explain that again if you wish. Time is no problem if it solves the query.

I look at the .ini file and find I have entries such as:-

Brightness 787570
                Saturation 2000655392

They look wrong to me. Do they look OK to you?

Is this a bug or am I not allowed to click Save on Exit?

Tony
                Profile now updated
                Last edited by tonygamble; 29.04.2008, 03:45 PM. Reason: To update profile

Comment

As far as I can see, your problem is the same as this one, which you say you already found, so why post again unless you have something new to add? The bug is already known. The solution, apparently, is not.

Threads merged.
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                  X