X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview & Word, Excel, PowerPaint ?

Hi folks,

irfanview is established as the best freeware viewer for many years now and it is a very powerfull tool and could be very usefull to built some kind of document management in combination with ms indexing services.

had the idea this evening to index my pdf-files with the ms indexing services (and it works with the free adobe plugin). thought that irfanview would be the perfect viewer because it supports even so many unusual file-types.

downloaded ghostscript 8.61 and no chance to view pdfs. perhaps somebody here can give me a hint how to make it work.

but the more important thing is, how to make irfanwiev able to look at word, excel or even powerpoint documents ?

anyone any ideas or hints ?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance

LastLawyer

You can set up three external editors in Properties, Misc3, e.g. a PDF Viewer and a Word Document viewer. I would never want to view PDF files or Document in Irfan View. External viewers are always going to be more suitable for these complex viewers. The same goes for multimedia. IrfanView is an image viewer and should stick to what it does best.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by lastlawyer View Post
      Hi folks,

irfanview is established as the best freeware viewer for many years now and it is a very powerfull tool and could be very usefull to built some kind of document management in combination with ms indexing services.

had the idea this evening to index my pdf-files with the ms indexing services (and it works with the free adobe plugin). thought that irfanview would be the perfect viewer because it supports even so many unusual file-types.

downloaded ghostscript 8.61 and no chance to view pdfs. perhaps somebody here can give me a hint how to make it work.

but the more important thing is, how to make irfanwiev able to look at word, excel or even powerpoint documents ?

anyone any ideas or hints ?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance

LastLawyer
      The latest ghostscript versions are GPL-ghostscript,
      irfanview only looks in the windows registry for AFPL-ghostscript
      what U can do is use a reg patch (U can find it in a post about ghostscript in this forum) or use an older AFPL ghostscript version

Comment

Working...
      X