Batch Rename instructions and interface too difficult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Rename instructions and interface too difficult

I've been using Irfanview for many years (almost 10) and I have donated. The instructions for batch rename are just too difficult for an average user. The interface is overly busy with confusing field names. The instructions even give "hints" like this is a Chinese puzzle. Can someone please point to a tutorial or something else that explains batch rename in plain American English. If none available, this may be a great service for someone to do- a plain American English, example tutorial, showing each step of the batch rename process.

I'm using v 4.0

Say I have a folder with 50 pics named "image 001-050.jpg." I need to include 50 more pics in that folder. They have the exact same names. So I need to rename them "image 051-100.jpg" so that there won't be a conflict with all 100 in the same folder. Can someone step this through with a wiki or some other type of visual tutorial ? Thank you in advance.

So the first thing you have to do is to rename these next 50 files in their own directory before adding the to the first 50.
    To avoid any conflict when adding them to the main directory (folder).
    Irfan View doesn't have this renaming facilities to do this quite easy, so I'll need time to figure this out.

In the meantime, you could use the multi-rename tool of Total Commander as a preparation, or do a command-line in the second
    dir : "ren 0*.jpg 1*.jpg" to make "image 101-150.jpg" which can be added without a problem.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Maybe my Help Site will make things clearer.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X