Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug 'Ask Before Deleting' Doesn't Ask!

It's a very very very old bug, but I never bothered reporting. Now that I found a much more annoying problem (the animated GIF mess), I decided to report both.

Versions: any IV, from the oldest ones till newest 4.00.

System: Windows XP SP1 (the bug also appears on XP "zero" and SP2). I haven't tested it on Windows 9x, NT or 2k.

Here is how to reproduce the bug:
    * Set the "Recycle Bin" Properties to don't ask before deleting a file (uncheck the "[ ] Display delete confirmation dialog" checkbox).
    * Check IrfanView Options -> Properties -> File Handling -> [v] Ask me before deleting files.
    * Open an image (choose one that you won't bother to never see again!)
    * Press <Del> key.

The confirmation dialog won't show up!!! I know it is weird, but it is true. If you turn off system's Recycle Bin's confirmation dialog, it won't show up in IrfanView, even if IV's option to ask before deleting is on. I have lost a couple of images that way (accidentally pressed <Del> instead of <PgDn> and, because IV didn't complain, I thought I had just imagined that I had pressed the wrong key...)
    Last edited by stefan; 07.02.2009, 04:10 PM.

"Recycle Bin" Properties are system properties, so it's outside the behaviour of IV.
    This is why i follow the policy to not use a 'delete file' function in some application, but delete it using my file manager.
    I'm not sure if this is a bug. I would rather name it "a result of command conflicts".
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

An offensive reply bumping this thread was removed and the user was suspended.

This is not a bug in IrfanView 4.44. This ancient thread refers to an earlier version on an obsolete operating system.

The dialogue now reads: Ask me before deleting files (if activated in Recycle Bin Settings)

So there is no bug here. The warning dialogue will be shown if it is activated in the Recycle Bin system properties.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X