Crash When Loading Thumbnails from Entire Hard Disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crash When Loading Thumbnails from Entire Hard Disk

The programm stops responding and eventually crashes with the foll message. please help urgently.

any way your program is great and hope it goes on...

Op sys is vista home basic. Machine is toshiba satellite m 200 series with 1 gb ram and 120 gb hard disk space.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: i_view32.exe
    Application Version: 4.1.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 4712265c
    Fault Module Name: qedit.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.6.6000.16386
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd9d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00025d1f
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033

I wonder why you think this is urgent? Does it stop you using IV for anything else?

I'm not too surprised that IV stops responding. In these days of enormous hard drives there can be a lot of graphic files on the average hard disk. Then IV also supports viewing of other file types like PDF. MP3, AVI, etc. You can limit the file types it will try to load from Properties, Extensions.

I didn't get a crash when I tried this, but then I have it set to show only associated file types: BMP|GIF|EPS|PNG|PCX|JPG|EMF|TIF|WMF|

If you load the default extensions, you can see how many files IV might be trying to find:

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|LWF |LDF|CAM|G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA |MP3|DCM|ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBM P|SGI|RGB|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|NLM|NOL|NGG|GSM|JP2|JPC| J2K|JPF|FSH|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV|TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|EC W|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|NEF|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW| DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|DN G|PS|PDF|CGM|SVG|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I will try to behave as mild as Bhikkhu..
      But this starts already with a very long title..
      Next time someone wants that IV will scan any file on the whole HD, check if it's usable or not, and put everything in the right cue to show it all, in a pleasant order..

And so I have strong doubts, if this should be called bug-relevant.
      If you're driving in second gear at 100 km per hour for 15 minutes, you can't blame the engine for being blown up.

Still an impressive extension list by the way.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by ravipoduval View Post
        Please help urgently.
        Since it was allegedly so urgent, I wonder why you didn't check back and respond more than 24 hours later?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post

I didn't get a crash when I tried this, but then I have it set to show only associated file types: BMP|GIF|EPS|PNG|PCX|JPG|EMF|TIF|WMF|

If you load the default extensions, you can see how many files IV might be trying to find:

JPG|JPEG|JPE|GIF|BMP|DIB|TIF|TIFF|PNG|PCX|TGA|PCD| SUN|RAS|ICO|AVI|IFF|PPM|PGM|PBM|LBM|WMF|EMF|WAV|PS D|MPG|MPE|MPEG|MID|RMI|MOV|CUR|ANI|DCX|EPS|CLP|LWF |LDF|CAM|G3|AIF|AU|SND|PSP|PSPIMAGE|ICL|SFW|KDC|RA |MP3|DCM|ACR|FPX|XBM|XPM|DJVU|SWF|FLV|IMG|IW44|WBM P|SGI|RGB|RLE|MED|RLE|SFF|NLM|NOL|NGG|GSM|JP2|JPC| J2K|JPF|FSH|CRW|B3D|WMA|WMV|TTF|SID|MNG|JNG|RAW|EC W|ASF|TXT|WAD|ICS|IDS|CDR|CMX|NEF|ERF|ORF|RAF|MRW| DCR|X3F|SRF|ARW|PEF|OGG|DWG|DXF|DDS|JPM|PLT|CR2|DN G|PS|PDF|CGM|SVG|HDR|FITS|HDP|WDP
          That's a good suggestion, which I've implemented. But it doesn't stop it randomly crashing on my system when I change directory.

Comment

Originally posted by ravipoduval View Post
            The programm stops responding and eventually crashes with the foll message. please help urgently.

Problem signature:
            Fault Module Name: qedit.dll
            Thought it might be worth mentioning that others on the net report problems of crashes that involve qedit.dll especially when they run MovieMaker.
            They seem to think the problem is nothing to do with that program but is caused by a conflict between the installations of Internet Explorer 7 and Intervideo WinDVDcreator which is supplied pre-installed on some computers. Their solution seems to be to uninstal WinDVDcreator.
            Last edited by Mij; 02.02.2008, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X