Renaming files in batch mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renaming files in batch mode

I have a project in which I have to send photos and the photos have to have a prefix of a g and also a t. An example is a file named 1245367.jpg, and this file needs to be remaned g1245657.jpg and t1245657. I would be renaming quite a few files at one time and the only requiement is that the g or t be placed infront of these files names. Is this possible in infanview? If so, can someone explain it to me. I tried different ways in the program and cannot get it to work.

Thanks, Bruce

Originally posted by bstreyle2 View Post
    Is this possible in infanview?
    I am assuming that you don't have or don't want to write a script or program to do this.

I don't think it is. (In the GUI Mode) However I do have a link to a program that may be of help to you.

It's called "renamer" and is freeware.
    Join thousands of people who own a premium domain. Affordable financing available.

It's a Windows program that renames files with advanced features but a nice GUI. Even has drag and drop for recursive directories.

I use this when I'm noting which photographer owns with file.

Ex:

Original File: _Mg_2413.JPG
    New File: John_Mg_2413.JPG

---------------------------------------

Otherwize I just write a script to do jobs like that.

Comment

It's not quite clear to me. Is it gfile and tfile, or gfile or tfile, while renaming ?
      This makes a difference, because "and" can cause wrong overwriting of files, if trying to do this in one stroke.

But this can be done with IV.
      Start Batch Conversion with a 'B'. At 'Work as' enable checkbox 'Batch rename'.
      At 'Batch rename settings' fill in "g$N" or t$N" to rename the selected files added in the list.
      "$N" stands for the original filename. You also can add counters, or replace parts of the string at "Set rename options'.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

thanks for the reply

That program was EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks for all the help!

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X