No announcement yet.

Ignoring video (or other formats)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Ignoring video (or other formats)

Hello,

Browsing a directory including both images and other multimedia contents, like video or sounds (also text files, sometimes), make Irfanview often useless, due to annoying opening of other windows.

I think that the possibility that Irfanview could ignore specific file formats could make it much more useful in browsing directory contents (and should be not hard to implement, btw :-)

Best regards,

Sword

Nothing necessary to implement. Check your file associations in properties/extensions.
    If you have selected only bitmaps in the list, no video- or sound-formats, enable "load only associated type while moving through directory'. Also .txt files will be skipped.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks!

My fault: I didn't checked deeply on that properties page.

Sword

Comment

You're not the only one on the planet..
        But if you would encounter some problem, first check all the settings there, to see if there's some explanation.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thank you this helped me too because I didn't want Irfanview to playback any video or music only image filesonly, thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
            ... first check all the settings there...
            Wow! ALL of them? And that is assuming that every person is going to understand all the not_so_well described settings, too?
            I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
            Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

Only the relevant ones of course .. Some settings can be quite unclear, I didn't understand some of them at the start either, but if you don't look, you don't find any clue anyway.
              Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
              X