Returning to thumbnail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning to thumbnail

I am doing some fine editing on several pictures and need them in large format to perform the necessary edits. But when I make an edit, the pix returns to very small format in the upper left of the monitor. Just how do I keep the image large (zoomed in)?

Btw : don't confuse a 'thumbnail' with a picture which is very small of its own.
    But you're right. I too find this behaviour quite annoying. Maybe this should be in 'Feature requests'.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

For icons, View, Display Options, Fit Images to Window will help.

I sometimes try to edit icons and screenshots in Irfan View. I really think it is a mistake to try more than the most basic tasks. There is no Redo, and no warning to save changes. Open a photo-editor (even Windows Paintbrush is better than IV for editing) and do more detailed work there.

Irfan View is an image viewer, not an image editor.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I think this is about the behaviour of jumping back to the original size after every edit action, or an 'undo'.

Irfan View is an image viewer, not an image editor.
        I can't agree with you here. It has only the basics, but IV is an image editor as well. Cropping is an edit action.
        So is adding text, or greyscaling.
        Irfan View is not a painter. Because it has no brushes, no magic wand, and only rectangular selections, etc.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X