Panasonic DMC Z18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic DMC Z18

I can not view the RAW files for this camera with Irfanview. Software or me? Update possible?
    Thanks

Yet another camera..
    So what's the extension (the format) of these files?
    Maybe some conversion is needed first.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Thanks for you reply.
      The format is .RAW with RAW all in caps. ( fyi I do have the current version of Irfanview and plugins). The files are only 'viewable' in Panasonic's Silkypics editing software, no other that I've tried. Converting them is a possibility, but dadgum it...
      I truly understand that this is 'yet another camera'. Had I understood that Panasonic had made a file that was not viewable in Irfanview, I would not have bought the dadgum thing. But it showed '.RAW'. Tricky Panasonic. Learn and live. Last Panasonic anything I buy.
      Just hopin Irfanview to the rescue someday...

Thanks again for the reply.

Comment

I didn't mean 'yet another camera' in a negative way. It's just an observation.
        Since the introduction of the dig. camera, it's no longer the obvious formats like BMP or JPG, but every
        manufacturer comes up with its own extension, and it grows.

A conversion can also take place if 'exporting' a file as. Does Silkypics has such an option?
        Another solution could be to adjust the header of the file itself.
        There are some other camera's, compatible with IrfanView, producing .RAW files as well.
        So maybe just replacing some characters in the header could do the job.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

formats 4.1.1

All Hail IrfanView!

Latest formats handle Painosonic RAW files.

All Hail IrfanView!

Comment

Working...
          X