Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filters Unlimited 2 Moving it to another PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filters Unlimited 2 Moving it to another PC.

i Am moving from a lap top back to a PC, Ive brought filters Unlimited 2 and down loaded ( by pure luck more so then any thing else,) and have used it successfully plus some other filters ive downloaded, am I able to move them over to my PC on a disc , or do i download them again, and have to pay for it again? thanks

This is a commercial set of plugins, so they have rules about copyright and copywrong.
    But these products have a (restricted) freedom, as with OS's, to move/copy it to another system within a personal environment.
    So I would first check, if the .8BF files still work, when just copied to the new medium, before registering again.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

If you have any kind of registration info, emails - receipts - anything with magic numbers on it - back it up. That goes for anything. If the software had to be registered through a dialog that was displayed after installation, then there will be other traces on your computer. Files in the directory or in your "personal" directory, and/or entries in the windows Registry (do you know anyone who can deal with that?). I have kept things through many changes of computer.

A friend who recently lost every byte on her hard drive got all purchased games back because the needed information was saved in e-mail that remained on the server.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Nice addition Matera..

And beside the e-mail I always save any registration dialog with all its properties into a simple ascii-txt file for my archive.

The tricky registry needs another way of dealing with.
        It consists of 'keys' having a relation with the application.
        With "Regedit" or another program, one can do a search with e.g. 'Unlimited', to find those keys.
        If they are present, one can export a single key, or a group, to a file, which gets the extension *.reg.
        Such a file then can be transported to another system.
        If one needs to add this key to this system as well, a double-click on the copied .reg-file is enough.

But, as I said, tricky. One should not execute this without knowing what's going on.
        Last edited by Sam_Zen; 18.01.2008, 01:56 AM.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
        X