TIFF converted to JPG appears pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIFF converted to JPG appears pink

Hi - I have some TIFF images which I wish to convert to JPGs.

The TIFF colours look perfect when viewed with Microsoft Office Document Image Viewer, but the reds appear pink when viewed with IrfanView.

If I convert the TIFFs using the Batch Conversion/Rename menu item, the resultant JPG reds appear pink too.

I think it has someting to do with CMYK-RGB conversion. Can anyone advise how to make the final JPG appear correct? I wish to use the JPGs on a web page.

Much appreciated

On the batch converstion, Advanced Options dialogue, there is an Option (top right) to auto adjust colours. Perhas that might fix it. Otherwise, there is an option to adjust the colour balance for each channel.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

TIFF reds appear pink

Thanks for the advice, but no luck.

The colours in my TIFF image appear correct when viewed in MS Document Image Viewer, but before it is even converted to a JPG with Irfan View, the reds look pinkish when the TIFF is opened with Irfan View (ie, just viewed)

The TIFF colours display correctly on PhotoShop CS3 (trial), and if I save it as a JPG from CS3 then the resultant JPG colours are correct.

The files are both larger than the upload limit here, but I could email them if anyone would care to try understand why the TIFF views incorrectly in Irfan View. Perhaps it's an issue that the developer(s) may wish to look at if this may be a bug or some type of image handling that should be incorporated into the app.

Thanks

Comment

Send me one. I'm curious
        materathemad
        (at)
        gmail.com
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

TIFF reds look pink in Irfan View

Much appreciated. I sent you an email from a Hotmail account. It has a link to a web page where I've uploaded the files since they're too large to email or post here.

Comment

TIFF converted to JPG appears pink ? Convert your pics to RBG first. It seem Irfanview doesn't like CMYK.

Comment

Converting CMYK to RGB

This may seem like a dumb question, but is there an easy way to convert a CMYK TIFF to RGB, before converting it to a JPG?

Comment

Dumb questions don't exist. You wrote about viewing the CMYK TIF in Photoshop CS3. IrfanView is a RGB-viewer/convertor. So first you have to convert your TIF in Photoshop by selecting the menu Image\Modus\RGB. Then save as TIF (=uncompressed) or another RGB-format like JPG (=compressed in a scale from 1 to 12, where 1 is the highest compression).

Comment

Thanks. I was using a trial version of Photoshop, which has expired. It's pricey for my limited use, which is why IrfanView appealed to me (it's also very easy to use).

Comment

the real issue

Will the CMYK issues be fixed ? Obviously Irfanview can view the pictures, but sucks at it ? Is someone going to fix the problem or do we have to use workarounds forever ?

Comment

Same question, same answer. See:

Comment

Working...
                      X