Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stamp effect filter

Hi all,

i wrote a filter using Filter M eister: the filter should add a perforated border to an image to make it looks like a stamp.
    This filter takes an image W*H in pixels and add the stamp effect at the border of the image, for an input number of pixels, say s.
    So, the resulting image is still W*H pixel, but the original image is cutted in the remaining (W-s)*(H-s) pixels.

I would like, instead, adding the s pixel, obtaining a greater (W+s)*(H+s) image, of wich W*H is just the original image.

I don't know how to get this target coding the filter, even if i searched the code library for similar puropses.

Can you suggest how could i reach the target ?
    Attached Files

Nice idea, seems like a attractive effect. First some practicals :
    The file "stampeffect.txt" apparently should be "stampeffect.ffp".
    If I open this with FMeister (beta 0.4.18), to compile it to an 8BF file, it shows an error message saying :
    'FM-W-SYMNOTFND: Symbol 'setZoom' is undefined'.

As far as your request is concerned, I never experienced an 8BF effect where the output bitmap was bigger than the source.
    So I'm afraid first some border has to be added.
    This brings up another thing. I suppose you make the stamp image by using some background color for the spaces.
    I suppose the same color then would be in that extra border, if W*H stays the same.
    But then, if applied in that border, the stamp effect would be invisible, because there's only one color.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Sam_Zen,
      first of all thanks for your reply!

I attached the .TXT because cannot attach a ffp file in the forum.
      You are right, just rename the file as .ffp
      I use the .ffp files, compiling it in FMeister, because i don't have a licensed version to make .8bf file by myself.
      Currently i'm using FMeister version 1.0 beta 8.7 (January 2008) and have experencied no problem with setZoom function.

Stameffect filter just works doing a white canvas and black semicircles, but so cutting the border of image.
      I don't understand very well your concern about background; i mean, the filter works with two colors: white for canvas and black for semicircles. I attach what i obtain for now, even if i would like to preserve the original image, without loosing the border.

cenzo
      Attached Files

Comment

Check out a real stamp. The diameter of the perforations is equal to the gaps. The gaps on your stamp border are noticeably smaller.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu Pesala,

thanks for your remark, anyway...it's a lesser problem, just have to change a value in the code.

The problem i can't handle with, and what i'm asking about, is to add the stamp around the image, making the image bigger in pixel, as explained in first post.
          I'm thinking something like canvas in IV, that add pixels, not erasing the image.
          I don't know how doing this with FMeister (if it is possible).

cenzo

EDIT
          I think my request concern about resizing an image with FMister.
          Looking on yahoo FMister forum i found it is not possible
          A workaround could be doing canvas in IV and than apply the stamp for the same pixels.
          Last edited by cenzo; 26.01.2008, 11:06 PM.

Comment

2 cenzo
            My misunderstanding. I thought one of the two color areas would be part of the image itself.
            You can be right about the workaround.
            I uploaded FilterMeister to the current version and indeed got no problem now with the setZoom function.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
            X