How about a place for older versions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like IrfanView ... I modify that to I LOVE IrfanView!.
    I have used it for many years, and every opportunity I have to let others know about this very great tool, I do so. But, IrfanView has gone through many changes. Sometimes those changes do a step backward or lose some ability that was much liked.

I propose that there be one more forum or storage place here for users to acquire older versions. It might be very useful, and perhaps entertaining, to be able to get some of the older versions. So... how about a storage area for those older version?

I have a couple dozen versions here, that I could supply to the general storage area, if needed.
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

It seems like a good idea, but there is always OldVersion.com, so I don't think it is worth the effort of uploading a whole lot.

Moved to the Feedback Forum.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yeah, you are right about the "OldVersion" website. I had forgotten about that one, sorry.

That website does keep old versions around, but no notes about what the changes are, though. But, at least, the software is there. Thanks.
      I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
      Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

I really fancy this idea. And I agree about OldVersion. Often it's quite unclear with information
        or whether someting is a demo or a full version.
        So I decided to make a dedicated page for this :

It's just a start. I have more versions to be added yet.
        I will complete this soon. If then, any additional data is welcome, and I will upload it.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu Pesala,

Given the file size on OldVersion, I guess the plug-ins are not included (I didn't try).

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I have updated the page up to version 4.00
            Last edited by Sam_Zen; 10.02.2008, 01:32 AM.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

hi

its more useful for everyone
              thanks

Comment

Hi,

while browsing some website backups of the irfanview site (forum) i found some old files... old irfanview versions. Maybe i will open a subdomain where you can download older versions of IrfanView

But i have to clear and remove some old stuff first

steve

Comment

hi,

thanks
                  Last edited by stefan; 24.11.2008, 02:20 PM. Reason: Removed fullquotes

Comment

has them from waaay back!

Laren
                    Last edited by sandman; 26.11.2008, 04:18 PM. Reason: Left out words
                    Laren
                    [aka sandman]
                    http://ldart.got.net

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
                      That's a very useful link, and seems to have all recent versions, but there aren't many versions of the plugins. Does it matter which plug ins version I use?

I'm going to try reverting to earlier versions to solve my problem with html export - the thumnbails page is broken when I use 4.25 on my home PC:

Sam_Zen,

Are you going to add any more versions after 4.10 to your old versions archive page? :

What do I use to open the .7z files on that page?

EDIT: Ignore that last question. It's 7zip, apparently:
                      download, sources, free, gnu, lgpl, 7-zip, archiver, compression, software, compress, zip, unzip
                      Last edited by Andy2No; 23.10.2009, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2No View Post
                        That's a very useful link, and seems to have all recent versions, but there aren't many versions of the plugins. Does it matter which plug ins version I use?
                        How far back do you really need? You've tried this link, right?

http://www.oldapps.com/irfanview_plugins.php

Plugin packages should match the IrfanView version in most cases. One exception are the 4.22 plugins which go with 4.23, since 4.23 was a minor update fix.

Comment

Thanks, Skippybox. I missed seeing that link.

It was the more recent versions I was after. I think I should be able to resolve the problem without reverting though. It seems the templates I made for whichever version I had last don't work on 4.25, so I have to start again with the template supplied with that, and redo all the edits to get the template how I wanted it. I'll update the other thread when I get round to fixing it.

Old versions are always worth having. It's all too easy for a developer to release a new version of something with a serious flaw that wasn't spotted. I probably ought to get into the habit of noting which version I have installed before I upgrade any software.

Comment

2 Andy2No :
                            You're right, I was neglecting this archive. So it's updated upto 4.23.

I wondered if it would be useful to collect older Paint an Riot plugin versions as well..
                            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
                              I wondered if it would be useful to collect older Paint an Riot plugin versions as well..
                              That does sound like a good idea, as I am curious to see the really early ones. Do you still have them all?

Comment

Working...
                              X