IrfanView crashes when playing new MPG files on my Vista PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView crashes when playing new MPG files on my Vista PC

Untill 1-2 weeks ago all worked fine. I have been generating MPG movie files with eg. Pinnacle Studio 11 and various conversion utilities - and I could play them with Irfanview 4.1. But now Irfanview simply crashes whenever I try to play new MPG files?

I have attached a sample of an MPG file. The wierd thing is that I can play these just fine with other programs eg. Windows Media Player (but I really prefere IrfanView!). I have of course uninstalled and reinstalled IrfanView - makes no difference. I use Vista 32bit.

Please help!

Yes. It crashes here too. Maybe some setting you changed in Pinnacle Studio?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Confirmed. Indeed, some media players accept this one, others not.
      I checked the file and it has definitely a different header than a normal MPG file.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

This also happens with other SW, not just Pinnacle Studio. I use "PRISM Video File Conersion" to convert various video files to MPG. Again, 1-2 weeks ago all worked fine, now it doesn't. Again: Other player SW works still except for Irfanview. Very wierd!

Comment

I have now also tried with some Sony HD to MPG conversion sw, same problem. Now to the really "funny" part: I got some old MPG movies that I can play with IrFanView. Now, if I simply copy one of these movies to somewhere else, then it will not play back (crash as before) .... HELP !

Comment

I have made a filediff between an mpg file that Irfanview can play and then the one I have copied that it cannot. No difference! Still Irfanview can only play the one I copy from.

HELP !

Comment

Working...
            X