Scanning to multipage Tif only shows last scanned page until reopened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning to multipage Tif only shows last scanned page until reopened

Hey guys, just want to start off by saying I love Irfanview! It is a really wonderful product and I cannot believe it's free and has so many different features!

I just have a question about the functionality of the scanning to multipage TIF. When I do a scan of several documents to a multipage Tif it will initially show me only the last scanned page in the Tif and you can't view the other pages as the buttons are greyed out. If I reopen the Tif after, I can navigate through the pages, but not initially or after a Refresh(F5). I'm using Canon Network ScanGear V2.10 as my link to the scanner which is a Canon IR3300.

This isn't really that big of a deal, but it's kind of annoying and I doubt that's how it's supposed to work. Any clarification or tips would be much appreciated. I think I may have something wrong in the initial scan settings.

Thanks again for such a robust product!

Just thought I'd add that I'm using Irfanview 4.00

Comment

ummm, I'm sorry to respond to my own posts, but I couldn't find the edit button...

Anyways, what I'm really trying to do is scan to a multipage PDF, but I can't figure out how to do it in Irfanview. I can only get a bunch of single page PDFs.

Thanks!

Comment

PDF? There is no way that you could scan to PDF directly using IrfanView. I don't know of any way to do that, unless you have the expensive software. There are free PDF makers that act as virtual printers.

To TIF - I don't think that it can be done directly from scans either. You would have to save the scans separately and then combine them into a TIF.

The edit button is the one farthest left in the row at the bottom of each post (of your own). It has a paper and scissors icon on it. I'm only laughing a little, really
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I think this is working as it should. IV can only display one image at a time. I assume that when you save to a multipage TIFF then IV appends each image to the file. When you have finished scanning, what is displayed in IV is the last image scanned, not the multipage TIFF file. If you save that over the multipage tiff, you end up with a single image and lose all of the other pages.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by canmike View Post
            Anyways, what I'm really trying to do is scan to a multipage PDF, but I can't figure out how to do it in Irfanview. I can only get a bunch of single page PDFs.
            This is because IrfanView appends (in the multipage mode) the scanned page to an existing document. This is easy for .tiff but not for .pdf. But there is a good chance that this will be implemented in the future.

cu

Comment

Thanks for the clarifications and help. I was just trying to figure out if IV was actually displaying the TIF or the last image scanned. I couldn't figure it out because the buttons were greyed out for switching images or pages within the TIF.

Comment

Working...
              X