loses tiff EXIF data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed loses tiff EXIF data

When I convert from a tiff to a jpeg the EXIF data is lost. This happens in either normal or batch mode. I realize that the EXIF uses a plugin. Perhaps this is the plugin's problem. The EXIF data is not lost if I resize a jpg.

When you save a file as JPG there is an option on the save dialogue: "Keep original EXIF data." Is that box checked? In batch operations, the same dialogue is shown when you click on the JPG options button.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

EXIF bug

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      When you save a file as JPG there is an option on the save dialogue: "Keep original EXIF data." Is that box checked? In batch operations, the same dialogue is shown when you click on the JPG options button.
      Yes, I do have that box checked. In testing I have found that Irfanview does not retain EXIF data in tiff files when saved. (Say I have a jpg with EXIF and save as Tiff then EXIF is lost).

If EXIF data is present in a tiff file (created by some other program) Irfanview can view it, but when saving a tiff file or converting it to jpeg Irfanview loses the data. This happens no matter what fields are checked in the save dialog. In particular having "Save all pages from original image" checked does not save the EXIF data in a tiff.

This is probably the same problem reported for NEF format data since the camera manufacturers typically use tiff format for saving their raw data.
      Last edited by hiker_jon; 02.03.2008, 07:31 PM. Reason: saw related post

Comment

Working...
      X