Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch conversion/renaming: placeholder "$D" contains wrong path ( : replaced by _ )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch conversion/renaming: placeholder "$D" contains wrong path ( : replaced by _ )

I just tried to convert hundreds of JPGs - they all have the same name but are in different sub-directories - using the batch-conversion function.
    I selected the files using a TXT-filename/path-list created with total commander. Every JPG in my list had to be resized and saved to the source-folder but with a new filename "folder.jpg".

I used the name pattern "$Dfolder.jpg" and left out the Output directory field in the batch conversion dialog.

The Problem: the placeholder $D should refer to the full (source-)path, BUT thereĀ“s an error with the Drive-Letter. IrfanView tries to save the converted file to i.E. "F_\my_path\subfolder1\folder.jpg" which cannot work as the correct path would be: "F:\my_path\subfolder1\folder.jpg"

I tried this with version 3.98 and 4.10 - both with the same result.

I also have a Workaround for it:
    Mapped drive F: to folder "C:\mnt\F_"
    Then the same procedure as described above (added C:\mnt\ to the name pattern) and then it worked
    But this will require an admin-account.

It would be nice if this bug could be fixed in future versions.

Hmm. Didn't tested this, but if a drive letter is represented by 'F_' then I would call this a bug.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
    X