Divide multiple scannned images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divide multiple scannned images

I often scan several 4x6 images in a single pass. Does IrfanView have the ability to divide multiple scanned images?

Hi davidyal,

Not to my knowledge. But you can select a part of your scan, copy, paste in another instance of IrfanView and then save.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

thanks. Will copy and paste preserve resolution and other quality traits?

I have always cropped then SaveAs to preserve, but copy/paste seems easier.

Comment

Hi davidyal,

There is no default resolution for new images. So I believe your method is better (after cropping and saving as... just use undo to get back the uncropped image and make a new selection).

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

The easiest method is crop, save, then undo.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

As far as I know copying in clipboard is lossless. What is lost is the metadata field specifying dots per inch.

More differences might arise if you're about to run out of memory with your scan (with extremely high resolution). Then an undo might be a luxury you cannot afford.

Comment

Working...
            X