when i view a multipage POSTSCRIPT file
    i can view only ONE page
    page one.

-
    help !

Hi 000baaa,

The same here.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

irfanview is unsuitable POSTSCRIPT viewer

POSTSCRIPT wise,
      Ghostview is far better than irfanview.
      how
      let me count the ways:

u can see every PS page, not just page 1
      the fonts are far superiour to irfanview's
      u can easily and correctly convert PS to PDF, PNG, GIF, JPG, etc

moreover

if u convert PS to PDF via, say, Ghostview
      then u can use ADOBE's acrobat reader (free)
      to view, print, enlarge, rotate, ....
      PDF is taking over where PS left
      --
      000baaa

Comment

It seems this question has gone unanswered, can Irfanview handle multipage postscript files properly?
        I am looking for a viewer that can do this, ghostscript does not accomodate engineering drawing sizes other than the metric A0,A1,A2 etc. we need to view sizes B, C, D & E with multipage support, hope Irfan can do it.
        tx

Comment

Are you asking how to get to page 2, 3, etc. in Irfanview?

Ctrl+pgdn and Ctrl+pgup.

And by handling, if just viewing, why not Acrobat Reader or Foxit? They're both easier to use.

But with Ghostscript installed, IV can view pdf and ps files.

Comment

Hi jsc37227,

Which IrfanView version are you using?
            I'm still using v4.25 and Ctrl-PgUp / Ctrl-PgDn doesn't work wit .ps files.

Laurent

Comment

I think you're missing the point - Multipage PS files don't appear as multipage files. If you load a multi-page TIFF, you can go to/from the different pages. A multiple page PS file just loads the first page, however.

Where do you find multipage PS? How about the world's most popular fax server: Hylafax. Anyone who has an Hylafax installation receives and sends pages as multi-page PS. Yes, there are scripts to convert those to PDF/TIFF on the Hylafax server but the default archive format is multipage Postscript.

It would be handy to be able to view multipage Postscript properly in Irfanview. PSP 7 managed it, for instance, and loads up each page in a separate image window. Instead I have to run an arcane command on Hylafax which uses Ghostscript to convert it to something more manageable (usually PDF), or I have to load up another bit of software (e.g. I use Irfanview for multipage TIFF's but have to use Ghostscript on Windows for multipage PS's).

It would be handy if Irfanview could support multipage PS. After all, it's basically a plain-text format and so the "next page" is easy to find, to then chop the whole file into pieces and pass each one off to a PS renderer as the users decides what page they want to see.

Anyone who wants a couple of multipage PS to work with as examples, just shout. I receive about 2-3 a week from our fax system.

Comment

I doubt if you will find much support for this request from other users. I had never even heard of multipage postscript files before now. If you're a registered business user of IrfanView, and want his attention, send Irfan an email and see what he says.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

I also have no mulitpage PS file. Could someone create a simple one and upload it here so we can have a look at it?

Regards, Nils.

Comment

Hi derniwi

Here a a 3 pages PS file (red, green, blue circle).

Laurent
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X