Bordering images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bordering images

Can irfanview add a border on each shown image so that it will clearly distinct he images from its background colour, if it can do it please give me direction on what to click on, thanks.

thin borders or thick border and also colour of border - this could be also a suggestion that can go in 'features request'

Get Richard Rosenman's "Solid Border" .8bf plugin here:

Unzip and install in Irfanview Adobe 8BF folder
    Open image in Irfanview, click image-effects-Adobe 8BF Filters
    Highlight "Solid Border" and Click "Start Selected filter
    Now you can add borders, change border color, & change border width
    Regards

Comment

You can also use the Image/Canvas size menu item to add a border, choose number of pixels in width (of each side, they can be different widths) and the color.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

I think the Canvas size menu is excellent, because one can choose all four side values. Sometimes it is nicer to follow the ratio in added pixels, like 4:3.

2 scumtops
        I want to be sure about your Q. Does "each shown image" means that you want to get an auto-added border to each picture you're browsing through while viewing a directory ?
        Because that would mean another kind of request.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Zen View Post
          I think the Canvas size menu is excellent, because one can choose all four side values. Sometimes it is nicer to follow the ratio in added pixels, like 4:3.

2 scumtops
          I want to be sure about your Q. Does "each shown image" means that you want to get an auto-added border to each picture you're browsing through while viewing a directory ?
          Because that would mean another kind of request.
          YES!! that is exactly what I meant, sorry guys I did not mean in editting or anything.

Windows Fax and Image Viewer has this little thin black border when viewing images in any directory (I just noticed), I was wondering if this can be "turned on" in Irfanview

Comment

This is not possible.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Is there a way to put a rectangle around a selection within the photo? I am looking for a way to annotate screen captures with ovals or rectangles, but it seems that the plugins apply to the entire image, not the selection.

Any thoughts?

Originally posted by ruffin View Post
              Get Richard Rosenman's "Solid Border" .8bf plugin here:

Unzip and install in Irfanview Adobe 8BF folder
              Open image in Irfanview, click image-effects-Adobe 8BF Filters
              Highlight "Solid Border" and Click "Start Selected filter
              Now you can add borders, change border color, & change border width
              Regards

Comment

Irfan View's editing power is very limited. It is better to use a program like FastStone Capture (Shareware), or FastStone Image Viewer. (Freeware)
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                X