IV Help screen opens under task bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV Help screen opens under task bar

I position my Windows task bar (the bar with 'Start' at the left) at the top of my screen, because that saves mouse movement (since most applications have controls at the top of their windows) (try it, it's much better). IrfanView itself opens correctly, but the IV Help window (eg., when I press F1 or select Help from the menu) opens with its top hidden by the task bar (ie., it opens with y=0 instead of y=heightOfTaskBar).

The fix is presumably easy -- just do whatever IV does.

OS: Vista Home Premium (I think this happens on XP too).

ps. If vBulletin says (to the left) that this is 'vista home basic', it's wrong and has a bug.

I like my Start menu at the top too. I don't have such a big problem with IV help though as I have the taskbar on Autohide. Agreed that this is a bug.

I changed my OS temporarily to "Vista Home Premium" in my User Control Panel, and it shows correctly.
    Please try again.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

(Thanks for the heads-up on the vBulletin control panel -- didn't know about it -- it must have selected 'vista home basic' for me, incorrectly, automatically.)

(while on the topic of vBulletin, it can display images at URLs, but too bad it can't do inline images, that'd be awesome -- it'd be nice to be able to Alt-PrntScreen then Ctrl-V inline -- copy then paste -- a PNG, perhaps croppable) (yeah, I know, I should post this suggestion at vBulletin...)

Comment

Working...
      X