Copying using drag and drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying using drag and drop

If I drag a file from the thumbnails window to an explorer window, it shows the "+" icon as if it should be able to copy files this way. However, when you drop the file, it doesn't copy.

It works OK here on IV 4.1. Please fill in your details in your Profile from the User Control Panel
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Done. Seems like we're using the same version and OS. How strange.

Comment

Sorry! I didn't read your post carefully. I thought you were trying to drag images to the IrfanView window. Why on earth would you try to drag images from the Thumbnail browser to the Windows Explorer window? You can copy and move images within the thumbnail viewer or drag and drop files within Windows Explorer.
        Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.03.2008, 12:28 PM.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Why on earth would you try to drag images from the Thumbnail browser to the Windows Explorer window?
          Because I wanted to copy an image to an explorer window that I had open. Pretty common task really. Most 'explorer' type apps allow this.

Comment

It is confusing. It looks as though you could drag and drop a thumbnail to another application but AFAIK all you can actually do is to drag and drop onto the tree area in the same window.
            You cannot even drag and drop a thumbnail somewhere else in IrfanView. One very useful place to drag to would be the Slideshow list. That will accept drag and drop from external sources like Explorer but not from its own Thumbnail window.

P.S. Sorry, not quite true. You can also drag and drop a thumbnail into the main IV display window.
            Last edited by Mij; 08.03.2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X