Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView Homepage - old school?

Hi,

Why don't you guys change the IrfanView homepage (http://www.irfanview.net) for so many years? IrfanView is (probably) the world's most popular graphic viewer with a homepage that, in my opinion, doesn't look pretty nice nowadays. It's design is quite poor, uses prehistoric methods (frames). Such a useful and popular application shouldn't have an old school website.
    I'm sure there are lots of users wishing to help with re-designing irfanview.net, if you have no ample money for hiring an ad agency.

Hope it's a constructive criticism and you'll consider my words

Regards
    Pacio

No hi priority to me. And 'prehistoric' is an exaggeration.
    As long as it's browser-compatible and the navigation is clear, it's fine by me.
    I'm not visiting this URL very often anyway, when having specific links on this forum.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I think it's quite nice to have page like that. It's very simple, not full of crap as any other page on the net

Comment

Originally posted by Pacio View Post
        Why don't you guys change the IrfanView homepage (http://www.irfanview.net) for so many years?
        Because we didn't design it. You're barking up the wrong tree here.

The page is just fine. Visitors can find what they want easily.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I prefer old skool.

It's very simple, not full of crap – right!

But... if you click on "Forum", a Windows Vista - like dialog box shows up! That's newschool with cleartype.
          Last edited by j7n; 27.03.2008, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Hmm, never tried that link. Quite clumsy, I must say, just to choose between two languages.

I don't agree with the quick use of the term 'old school' by the way.
            Is using a spoon to eat soup and old school thing because we did it the same hundreds years ago ?
            Should a spoon being replaced by something else because 'new is better' ?
            Last edited by Sam_Zen; 28.03.2008, 02:12 AM.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Yes. Blackberries are red when they are green, and newer is better even when it's worse.
              Last edited by J.A.G.; 28.03.2008, 11:19 PM. Reason: typo
              J.A.G.

Comment

Working...
              X