Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a plug-in available for a TIFF format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a plug-in available for a TIFF format?

The online US Patent and Trademark Office uses a TIFF format to display the drawings and pictures for a patent fileing. Is there a plug-in available for Irfanview that will display this format? I do not believe that this is the same as a TIF format. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

IrfanView aleady displays TIFF images. Do you have a small sample file?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have noticed similar effects with TIFF image files that have been encoded to save disk space. Specifically LZW compression on really BIG tiff files (600+ megs). The TIFF standard allows up to 2GB files and can be manipulated to hold 4GB files when unsigned integers are used.

While Irfanview does a great job on smaller images (200 megs) without the compression the really big ones tend to cause problems.

If you keep having problems look at a program called GDAL_translate.exe (DOS) and convert the image with the following:
      gdal_translate -of JPEG -outsize 100% 100% blah.tif blah.jpg

Don't get me wrong I perfer Irfanview 99.9% of the time. But dealing with GIS images sometimes requires extra help.

Comment

Working...
      X