This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i_view32.exe application error

I am receiving an error after installing Symantec Endpoint protection with firewall (network threat protection). The error is i_view32.exe application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) click ok to terminate the application. This an XP Pro laptop and I have done other installs with no problems. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall with reboots in between and I have also turned off Symantec and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated. We like this program and want it back working.

1) Turning off Symantec may not be enough. Often some reg-cleaning has to be done too.
    2) The version is maybe important too. Try a previous one.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

This will work, but this is not an option all computers are being updated to the latest protection and I am down to my last two. I was hoping someone has come across a fix.

I downloaded the latest version 4.10 and after installing it opens up and works great until you close it. Once closed I get the same error i_view32.exe error - failed to initialize. Has anyone discovered a fix? Thanks in advance for any help.
      Last edited by Dgill; 09.04.2008, 02:11 PM. Reason: additional information

Comment

Solution found

I called Symantec and I found a solution for Symantec Endpoint protection if you have Proactive threat protection installed you may need to modify/remove the portion called "application & device control" reboot and the program works beautifully.

Comment

Working...
        X