Oversize printing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Oversize printing

Sure would like to be able to print an image oversized, so that I am not limited to the (for example) 8.5x11 page.

This might be referred to as "banner printing" by some.

I have seen where some freeware banner printing will put very small crop angles in the corners of the printed page pieces, so the resulting pieces can be easily cut and aligned. If a bit of overlap of the cropped image edges was included - so much the better. That way the absolute cutting to the crop lines is not absolutely necessary, since a few extra printed pixels allows "slop cutting."
    I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
    Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Hi,

i just playing with vista´s xps engine/printer.

I seems that it really depends on the paper size (i could edit that settings in the printer dialog). The size in the IrfanView printer dialog changes when i did select another paper format ... Can you reproduce it with other printers ? I havent install a printer driver for my dell one

steve

Comment

The size of the paper is not the issue

The size of the paper is not the issue, I can print on larger sheets. I want to print out GIGANTIC pages. I want to print out a wall mural, like 12 feet wide 8 feet tall.

Comment

Oversize printing

Originally posted by ChuckE View Post
        The size of the paper is not the issue, I can print on larger sheets. I want to print out GIGANTIC pages. I want to print out a wall mural, like 12 feet wide 8 feet tall.
        I have wanted to do that too, though not quite that big. What I reckoned was needed was an extra feature in the Custom Selection box (4 arrows probably) that would move the defined crop area one width left / right or one height up / down. That way I could easily select and print each of my A4 sections in turn.

Comment

Yes, this is not a solution using Irfan View, but maybe you should try Postereriza found at http://www.posteriza.com/es/index.php?lang=en_US

Comment

Oh, I have other programs that will get me to do oversize printing, and there is one called PosteRazor, available at: http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/
            which I sent as a "look at" suggestion to Irfan. It is free also.
            It can print up to 5 meters (16.4 feet)

But, IF it could be added to IrfanView ... now we're talking!

Comment

Added to Project List
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
              X