IrfanView has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IrfanView has stopped working

This began when I bought a new PC...it's an HP with an AMD Turion Dual-Core processor running Windows Vista Premium Home OS. The problem is intermittent but annoying. Often when clicking on a folder on my drive (hard drive or flash drive), I'll receive the error message above. The box states that it's a Windows error message. I have to then shut IV down and navigate back to where I was going. It happens a little less often if I wait a few seconds between clicks but this never happened when I had Windows XP. I tried setting the affinity to 1 processor as suggested in another thread but it didn't work. I've uninstalled IV, downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it to no avail.

It sounds like the same problem that many of us are having (usually when working with Thumbnails, but it can happen any time you select a new folder). Open Vista Control panel> System and Maintenance> Problem reports and Solutions, and click on View Problem History. Double click on one of the IrfanView problem entries and see if it is an APPCRASH with module ntdll.dll .
    If so, sorry but we still don't have a reliable solution. Setting the affinity of IView to a single core can sometimes help, but it probably depends on which core ntdll.dll runs on as well.

Comment

Working...
    X