"Save changes?" warning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested "Save changes?" warning question

Modifications done on the image are lost if you accidentally switch to another one before saving.

Regards.

*Bump*, just wondering if someone in charge of IrfanView's development got to read this post and considered it convenient.

Comment

Every application has its pro's and contra's (say 'character'). One important pro of IV is the fastness of it, due to the limited tasks. Your request could slacken the speed. IV allready keeps an undo buffer in memory. A second buffer and/or database to preserve one (or more) edited images would problably blow up the software.

Comment

Sorry Sjef but it's not that clear for me. Would you be "blowing up" the software by just adding an optional warning message similar to "Warning on ESC program exit"?.

Comment

I agree. No reason not to have this option. I think it has already been passed on to Irfan for his consideration.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Dear Jokale, I've misunderstood your question. Sorry about that. You have indeed given an important issue. I assume my mistake arised due the fact that I selfom edit images in IV. Plus the fact, that I learned during the years, never to use the spacebar...

Comment

No prob, thanks for taking this into account

Comment

This is a great idea and would save me a lot of swearing!!!
                Sites4Biz | Grimaldi - UK Heavy Metal | The Hell Hole

Comment

Working...
                X