DNG format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DNG format

Apparently the RAW format DNG is supposed to be readable since version 3.97.
    I have installed the latest version of Irfan and plugins but I still can't open DNG files.

Any idea ?
    thanks

Salva

Maybe there are different types of DNG files? Do you have a small one to attach (it will need to be zipped first).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello Bikkhu
      Very strange. My problem is export DNG file from Adobe LightRoom. I usually export black and white DNG photos that I have scanned with my canonscan 8400F in TIF.
      here are 2 files:
      - 1 resized scanned photo in tif format¨
      - 1 DNG files exported with LightRoom 1.4 using the TIF file

It seems that the problem is related with the lack of EXIF info or something like this because I have tried to export a DNG file from other sources than the scanner and the exported DNG is ok, I can see it on Irfan.

let me know if you find something
      kind regards

Salva
      Attached Files

Comment

IrfanView tells me that it is an invalid RAW format. Serif PhotoPlus 11 and XnView open it just fine.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Salva ,

Same error message here from IrfanView.
          About invalid RAW (DNG) files, it would be interesting to know if it is the same with files created with Adobe DNG converter (search for "Camera RAW and DNG Converter").

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

mini-2.dng is a v1.2.0.0 dng. Maybe this version is not supported by Irfanview.
            The newest DNG specification in my archive is 1.1. As far as I know a newer one is not available. See http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articl...cification.htm.

Comment

Don't know why but I am now able to see the files
              Thanks for your help anyway
              bye

Comment

Originally posted by smagaz View Post
                Don't know why but I am now able to see the files
                Could you tell me how you export a TIF file to DNG? I mean which adjustments you have made? Because I cannot produce a proper TIF2DNG file in Adobe Lightroom that is to be shown in IrfanView. Such a file is shown in all my viewers except in IrfanView. Now it seems you solved this problem, I like to know about your solution.

Comment

Working...
                X