jpg extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jpg extension

Hello...I use Infanview exclusively for all photo files. Some are saved with a "jpg" extension...some with a (note the caps) "JPG" extension. This causes me a problem when I create certain web sites. How can I assure that all my files are saved with one or the other...but not both? Thank you. Ellis Katz, Encino, CA

I share that problem. However, I use a file manager (Free Commander) that will change the case of multiple file names.

It is only when the files are saved/converted from the command line, I think, that they end up with capitalized extensions.

Maybe we need to squeak a little in the Bugreports area.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Originally posted by matera View Post
      I share that problem. However, I use a file manager (Free Commander) that will change the case of multiple file names.

It is only when the files are saved/converted from the command line, I think, that they end up with capitalized extensions.

Maybe we need to squeak a little in the Bugreports area.
      Thanks much. I have d/l'd Free Commander and note that I am able to rename the extensions. Is it possible to "batch" rename? Appreciate your support. Ellis

Comment

You can do this from Irfan View.

File, Batch Conversion/Rename

Use "$N.jpg" as the file pattern.

$N is the filename without the extension.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi. I have a problem similar to the preceding problem.
          When with irfan I open an image with different extender from jpg, it asks if I want rimominare with the extender jpg, and without any other claim it is done.
          Instead, if I decide to manually modify a wrong extender of an image jpg, irfan it needs to be planned the value of compression jpg.
          I would want to ask as I must do for renaming a wrong extender of an image jpg.
          This problem I have had him with images recouped by a corrupt disk. The program has furnished the images jpg, but with extender .chk.
          Using " File, Batch Conversion / Rename" I must put the options of the new value of compression. But cliccando on the opening of the image from the previews, the image is renamed of extender without asking the formulation of compression.

Comment

The batch rename has no options for changing only the extension without re-saving the files. You must use the "Batch conversion" to change the extension.

Click the "options" button next to the "Output format" choice to set compression level.

If you don't want to re-save the files and risk loss of quality, it might be better to use a simple renaming program such as LupasRename
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

This is a file management function. You can use Total Commander's function Multi-Rename. If you have many files and don't know which of them are JPEGs, a quick but somehow insecure way to identify them is to run a full contents search for "JFIF" (case sensitive) and feed the results to listbox.

Comment

Working...
              X