Toolbar and Statusbar disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed Toolbar and Statusbar disappears

After time consuming operations such as loading or transforming very large images, the toolbar and statusbar has the habbit to disappear. They do not turn themselves off, just move to background. If I hover the mouse over where the toolbar should be, the buttons redraw themselves.
    Last edited by stefan; 07.02.2009, 04:14 PM.

That could be a hardware problem - RAM, display adapter...maybe aggravated by heat... I see a lot of things go blank when my computer is having a cyber-asthma attack. Could you describe it more clearly? What do you mean by "move to the background?" How large are the images?
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Normally I have both toolbar and statusbar on. But during time consuming operations a graphical glitch occurs and both bars become invisible. This glitch does not impact functionality in any way, if only makes harder to find the buttions.

I just saved a 23 MB picture to PNG format. This operation takes some 20 seconds or maybe more, so I went to my Web browser while Irfan is working in the background. Bug only manifests itself if the user switches to another program while Irfan is busy with something. This is the screenshot of Irfan's interface after the save is complete. I took the liberty to erase the completely irrelevant picture so that the screencap doesn't consume ridiculous ammount of bandwidth.

Why did I bother to write about this problem? It's because I need to compare size displayed on statusbar before and after saving. And now the statusbar is gone.
      Last edited by j7n; 03.07.2007, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I tried to reproduce that, using a 50+MB TIF, saving as PNG, but nothing disappeared except for the usual temporary whiteout (during which I always pray to the little cybergods that it will end well). I switched to my browser a couple of times, brought the Solitaire window up and moved a few cards.

I have a piffly 384MB of RAM. I usually let heavy processes complete before I fool around.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

SOLVED... somehow. Problem not present anymore in the latest version.

Comment

Working...
          X