Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No drag and drop support?

hello,

i've heard so much about irfan view so i decided to give it a try, since i don't have an image browser. first thing i notice is the lack(?) of drag-and-drop support...?

i open the thumbnails window and try to drag an image thumbnail to photoshop. nothing happens, even though the icon changes a little plus sign. then i drag the thumbnail into a browser window to view it there. nothing.

does irfanview supports drag and drop or am i missing something?

thanks!

Hi pentool,

The + you saw is for drag and drop of a file within the thumbnails viewer (copy or move from one directory to another one).

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

ok, in this case I assume basically it means that IrfanView does not support drag and drop images onto other applications.

Comment

Try stopping with this drag-and-drop habit in the first place. It's a clumsy, insecure way of handling files, asking for trouble.
        Better use the straightforward buttons or commands to copy, move, open or save things.
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Sam's a bit blunt today, but I have to agree. There's many a slip twixt the drag and the drop. One reason I use a file manager other than Windwoes Exploder is so that I can transfer files from one folder or drive to another without fumbling them into some weird disappearing act.

IrfanView's thumbnail viewer is not a substitute for a file manager in any case - it is an extension of the image viewer. It is made to work with IV, not with other graphics apps. If you want to open an image in Photoshop (ack), you can configure IV to open files in an external editor. Doesn't PhotoBloat have some kind of image browser? It's been a while since I toyed with it...

I get a little irritated with all these whinges that IV "doesn't support drag and drop" - it does, for goodness' sake! You can drag a file into it any time you please, any file. It is an image viewer. What it is not is a universal go-between for all other programs. Use it for what it does best. If you don't know what that is, find out - everyone has a different range of needs, and IV serves all of us well.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Yeah, I should have warned you guys before accepting the mod-invitation. I can be blunt now and then.

Because I hope that people will look beyond the pampering, sometimes stupid ways of doing things, M$ has created for them as some 'easy-going' default. Those solutions give no insight in what's really going on, so if it fails, people have no idea, what caused it.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
            X