Batch Enhancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Batch Enhancement

There is presently a "Load TXT" button on the Batch window - how about a "Save TXT" button as well?

Logically seen, I agree.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

YES! If this option were available, it would really help my usage of IV! I often do multiple batch runs using the same input files, but there is currently no easy way to create (in IV) a TXT file for the desired input files. Heck, if there was an easy way to copy the current input file "list" to clipboard (presuming there isn't now, as Cntl-C doesn't seem to), I could then use my clipboard manager to do the "Save as" to store it for next run usage.

Comment

Seems like a useful enhancement.

Meanwhile, you can right-click on the Text file when you use load text and open it in your default text editor.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I not only think this is a good idea, I even asked for it a couple years ago. Perhaps this new Forum will get better attention.

Now, ... as an added feature to this, how about a [Save as Batch] button?
          My suggested use of this would not only save the file names, but also whatever command line parameters that would perform the selected options.

Having a batch file created, with all those options spelled out on a line, would really assist in the further creation and editing of already thus created batch files.

Some of the parameters can be a bit tricky on a command line, and using the GUI to set all the options you want, then clicking the proposed [Save as Batch] button, would create the .BAT file (which you could edit to modify and learn from).
          I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
          Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

If one happens to use TC, it's possible to copy a complete list of the target files to the clipboard,
            so one can paste it in a new TXT-file to be saved.
            It's an internal command, and one can choose for the full path, or just the filenames with extension.

2 ChuckE
            A .BAT file is a very nice idea. Indeed the command line parameters then can be included as well, but, as you mention,
            maybe for some parameters the present command-line options have to be adjusted or expanded.

OT : The situation with the TXT file for the IV slideshow is somewhat similar. Only the filenames are saved, no actual parameter settings.
            Last edited by Sam_Zen; 20.08.2007, 01:01 AM.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Maybe this BAT file idea would help satisfy my request for a "template"?
              See post in http://irfanview-online.com/vb/showthread.php?t=471
              But it appears there are some parameters that can't be presently set via command line...

Comment

I responded, and asked a question, over in that other thread.
                I don't want to continue this deviation from the original posting in this thread.
                I apologize for "hi-jacking" this feature request.
                I wish to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather.
                Not like those passengers, in his car, when he drove over that cliff.

Comment

ChuckE, I attempted to reply in the other thread, but it won't let me!
                  See http://irfanview-online.com/vb/showthread.php?p=2078

BTW, I do believe these two threads are related, and could be solved by a common solution but it may be easier to first implement the simpler "Save TXT" request here.
                  Last edited by j_c_hallgren; 20.08.2007, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X