v4.20 Not able to "save" or "save as"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.20 Not able to "save" or "save as"

This afternoon, when I try to save images after resizing or "save as" another filename, the program just closes with no explanation.

I unistalled and went to pick up latest version, thinking maybe there had been an upgrade that was affecting the version I had but when I tried to save it to my computer it would not save and when I tried to simply download it, it would not download.

I have avast antivirus and have had no problem using irfanview til this afternoon.

Thanks for any input.

Ow -- did you (or someone else) install or re-configure anything else?

Do you clean out temporary files? Sometimes not doing so creates problems.
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Hi hnasc,

I never encountered that problem. Please describe precisely what you did. And is your file saved?

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Vista SP1, everything works fine but save/save-as, "S" or "Cntrl-S" closes the program... the 'save-as' window pops up for about 1/4-second, then the whole thing closes.

I set the program to adminstrator rights (this is not default on Vista) and no difference. I also clicked the option on Save/Save-As in Properties, and no difference.

Any help?

-Kevin

Comment

Also, tried setting the .exe to run in XP SP2 compatibility mode, and that didn't fix it either.

Comment

No real idea of what might be wrong. Try to rename your i_view32.ini to i_view32.ini.bak and try again. If it works, than a wrong parameter was present in the original ini file. Compare them to track the problem.
            Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I have the same problem. When I crop a photo and then click on 'save as' the programme just closes down. It doesn't happen everytime but it does happen quite often. This has only happened since I installed the latest version of IrfanView - version 4.20, before that I had no problem at all. I am running Windows XP.

Having said that I still think IrfanView is the best image viewing software there is.

Comment

Sounds very similar to my problem, except mine includes Open as well.

Comment

Save as makes 4.20 unreponsive

Save as makes 4.20 unreponsive and I have to quit via task manager.
                  Save still allows me to save in different format.
                  Hope there is update soon.
                  James M. Orr
                  Director of Marketing
                  ASAP Telesis technologies
                  832/746-7757

Comment

Working...
                  X