then scroll up by use of the pageUp key
    when you reach the top of the image, scroll up again once
    --> the top of the picture is distorted

I have tried this with several pictures (jpegs), consistent bahaviour
    My system is WinXP + IV 4.10

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Problem Scrolling zoomed / resized image

See the top of the picture below

Another picture which is after zoom in, you will find out the scrollbar is already at its top position, but the picture seems to be covered by irfanview.

It may happen under the both situations below:
    1. not a png file (i tested a jpg and a png file, so i don't know if it could happen when opening other format files)
    2. Display Options(under the View menu) is not 'Fit window to image'

hope i can find a answer here
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.11.2007, 05:29 PM. Reason: To make the thread easier to read.

Comment

Yes. It is a bug. I can also reproduce it easily with any file type, e.g. PCX

Moved to Bug Reports forum.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I tried to reproduce this bug, but couldn't. I used IV 4.1 with several plugins installed and IV 4.1 standard, but no ?luck?. Tried all the modes within the View menu, but returned to my own (recommended).

Comment

It's a 4.1 bug allright! Doesn't happen in earlier versions. Easy to fix I'd think.

Comment

Steps to Reprodce:
            • Open any image that is bigger than the screen
            • Set View, Display Options, Fit Window to Image (recommended)
            • Zoom out until the whole image fits in the window
            • Zoom in again
            • Scroll up to the top
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I've seen that. The top part of the picture is duplicated. A similar effect happens when using End to move right: the right side is duplicated. The left and bottom edges of the image behave correctly.

Having corrupted the right edge of the screen, if I then use PageUp and PageDown only the part of the screen showing the real image is updated. The repeated parts don't change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                Steps to Reprodce:
                • Open any image that is bigger than the screen
                • Set View, Display Options, Fit Window to Image (recommended)
                • Zoom out until the whole image fits in the window
                • Zoom in again
                • Scroll up to the top
                Right, I lost something, the image is bigger than my screen, here is the sample

but there is onething to be clear, zoom in a png file is OK for me and if recommended option is selected it dosen't happen on a jpg file.

The version i'm using is 4.1, OS is windows xp sp2
                plugins:
                Effects.dll
                Icons.dll
                Mpg.dll
                Plugins.txt
                Slideshow.exe
                Video.dll
                Paint.dll
                Jpg_transform.dll

Comment

It happens on JPG and PNG too,

The view display option is also a red herring. The bug occurs with all display options. Only the initial size of the image is relevant. The bug does not seem to occur if the image fits without scroll bars at 100% zoom.

The crucial point seems to be the zoom level. It doesn' happen at all zoom levels.

It makes no sense that the file type would affect this bug as the image in memory is always a bitmap, whatever the file type is on disk. The number of colours could be a factor, but doesn't seem to be. I get the same bug with 2 colour PCX and 24-bit PNG images.
                  Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 08.11.2007, 06:58 AM.

Comment

In my case, I find the top part of the image is not duplicated, but stretched to make it reach the top of the window.

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

Confirmed. I agree about the stretching. This only happens once. A next PageUp has no effect. So one step too late.
                      Also if using the End button in this situation, then things are stretched horizontally.
                      Trying to use the Home button twice, works correctly, it does nothing. This is also valid for the PageDown button.

So the buggy sides are the top with PageUp and the right with End.
                      (4.10 on W2K)
                      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Problem Scrolling zoomed / resized image

I have a multi-monitor setup running UltraMon and am having a problem with IrfanView 4.10 related to zooming an image. If I open an image and it is neither zoomed in or out I can scroll up and down the image with no problem, however if I zoom in on the image, I can only scroll part of the image. Sometimes I I will move the scroll bar and the image does not move at all. Not sure if this is related the multi-monitor setup, Ultra Mon, or Irfan View.

Comment

It is a known bug, and not related to multiple monitors.

Comment

Scrolling problem.

Probably the same bug. I view a lot of wide panoramas. When I zoom in in non-full screen mode) I can pan to the left, but not to the right. If I pan to the left I can only come back to the central starting point.
                            When in full screen mode (zoomed in) I can pan to both ends of my panoramas.

Comment

I also relized that problem. Is only present in 4.10. It is not in 4.00 (I just checked).

Very annoying bug It particularly happen with very big images and when zooming out. I hope it will fix soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X